If you’re looking to up your suit game at work, shopping for an event, or dressing your groomsmen for a wedding, you have never had more choice when shopping for the perfect tailored suit in Sydney.
It’s easy to get lost in an individual brands story or in the narrative of the best suit fabrics and construction. But it’s important to remember that the fit of the suit is the key to making you look your best.
Get a suit tailored in Sydney
There are plenty of great Sydney based tailors listed below, but I thought I’d start by suggesting the simplest option; buying off the rack from a great suit shop like MJ Bale, Henry Bucks or even online from The Iconic. The key here is to take your suit to your local tailor to get the suit altered to fit your body.
The alterations shop at your local Westfield or train station will definitely get the job done. But a few recommendations for the best suit alterations shops in Sydney CBD;
- Looksmart Alterations -The Dymocks Building & Myer – (Plus suburban locations)
- Queens Clothing Alterations – Queen Victoria Building
- Allen Tailoring & Alterations – The Strand
If you’re in a pinch I’d focus on spending your time (and money) with getting the fit of one of your existing suits right. $200 spent on alterations with a good tailor will make a huge difference in the appearance of a suit.
Buy a tailored suit in Sydney
However if you have more time, and really are looking for the perfect fit then consider a bespoke or made to measure suit. There are plenty of options for getting a tailor-made suit in Sydney. Including many of the off the rack suit shops that have started to sell custom tailored suits.
Phone: 0409 091 485
- Sydney CBD – Level 2, Shop 127, 412-414 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000
- Paddington – 7 Walker Ln, Paddington NSW 2021
Phone: 02 9222 2801
- Sydney CBD – L2, Suite 209, 350 George St, Sydney
- Sydney CBD – 152/156 Clarence St, Sydney
- North Sydney – Shop 4, 2 Elizabeth Plaza, North Sydney
Phone: 1300 023 108
- Sydney CBD – The Dymocks Building, LEVEL 2, 428 George Street, Sydney
Phone: 02 8208 8800
- Sydney CBD – Chifley Plaza, 2 Chifley Square, Sydney
- Woollarah – 106 Queen St, Woollahra, Sydney
Phone: 02 8040 2152
- Sydney CBD – Level 2, The Strand Arcade 412 – 414 George Street, Sydney
Book a fitting at Mister Mister
The Bespoke Corner
Phone: 02 8417 2323
- Paddington – 55 Regent Street, Paddington
Book a fitting at The Bespoke Corner
Phone: 02 8097 2470
- Sydney CBD – Level 2 / 73 York Street Sydney
Phone: 02 9283 2339
- Sydney CBD – The Galeries Victoria, 500 George Street, Sydney
Book a fitting with Brent Wilson
Phone: 02 8005 6327
- Sydney CBD – The Dymocks Building Level 5, 428 George Street, Sydney
Phone: 0459 995 445
- Sydney CBD – The Strand Arcade, Level 2, 412-414 George St, Sydney
- Sydney CBD – Shop 19, Upper Ground Floor, 2 Chiefly Square, Sydney
Phone: 02 9232 7122
- Sydney CBD – Level 6, 12-14 O’Connell Street, Sydney
Book a fitting with John Cutler
Phone: 02 9232 3382
- Sydney CBD – Shop 2, 6-10 O’Connell Street, Sydney
Phone: 02 9238 0511
- Sydney CBD – 410 / 350 George St, Sydney
Book a fitting at Crane Brothers
At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter if you’re dressed by Tom Ford, or if you’ve picked up a jacket from H&M – you’ll look your best if the suit fits well. Focus on getting the suit tailored to fit your body, and if your body size changes… your suits need to change too.