Golden Bear is known in SF for their quality, craftsmanship and attention to detail. The whole leather bomber jacket is cut from a single hide to make sure the colour and grain age consistently. Zippers are YKK branded and the pockets are lined with flannelette for warmth.
Pair it with charcoal tweed pants similar to the editorial photos, or dress it down with dark denim. This jacket definitely makes it easy to create a handsome look that wouldn’t look out of place on a dinner date or sat on a vintage motorbike.
“From the quality of the leather to their bespoke sewing machines to the finish details and trims,” Taylor Stitch notes. “We are fortunate to call Golden Bear our friends and honored to collaborate in building the best leather jackets available anywhere.”
But versatility aside it’s the details of this leather bomber jacket that have me sold.
- Handmade in San Francisco by Golden Bear.
- 3-oz. Cognac leather.
- 7-oz. 80% wool/ 20% nylon grey lining.
- Heather grey ribbing at cuffs and neck.
- Sleeves lined in 100% acetate to easily slide jacket on.
- Two lower welt handwarmer pockets.
- Pockets lined in 100% cotton flannel.
- Single interior welt pocket.
- YKK antique brass 2-way separating zipper.
Currently in pre-sale for $798 (USD) on Taylor Stitch, the SanFran based menswear retailer. Unfortunately, the Presidio Jacket will only ship at the start of November, so likely too late for this seasons wear. Perhaps a good buy for those heading to cooler climates over Christmas, or shelve it until Autumn next year?